Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 15 Prompt


What do you think are the best ways to market your library's fiction collection? Name and describe three ways you do or would like to market your library or your future library's fiction. These can be tools, programs, services, displays - anything that you see as getting the word out.

To market my library’s fiction collection there are three methods I would use:

First, I would use word-of-mouth, because nothing beats word of mouth. If someone told you that a restaurant had horrible food and abysmal service, would you eat there? No. If someone said that Joe Schmo was the best lawn guy they ever had, you’d be likely to call up Joe instead of Bob who you saw on TV.

Second, I would use book displays. Book displays are like direct product advertising. I’d also put these displays lining the way to check out, because marketing research shows that this sort of product placement boosts sales.


Third, I would utilize Twitter or Instagram, both are excellent and free ways to get a message out. Hashtags create an easily searchable format, and are short and sweet. I wouldn’t use blogs are becoming things of the past, and I wouldn’t use Facebook, because I hate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment